Teen Dies Trying to Use Charging Cell Phone While Bathing

By admin
September 14, 2017

Charging tablet Connection.

This summer Madison Coe a 14-year-old Texas girl died after she was electrocuted while trying to use her cell phone as she took a bath. Her family believes she either plugged her phone into a bathroom outlet or grabbed the already-plugged-in device as she sat in the tub.

Madison’s family hopes their tragedy will bring awareness to the issue. Teens today practically grow up with cell phones in their hands. It is important to educate them about the serious dangers of electric shock when a plugged in phone comes into contact with water.

According to the Electrical Safety World page on the Entergy website, water is an excellent conductor. You can become electricity’s path to the ground if you are touching water that touches electricity. That’s why it is so important to keep all electrical appliances away from water and make sure your hands are dry and you are not standing in water when you touch anything electrical. For more about electrical safety, visit www.entergy.com, Energy Education and Safety.

Comments are closed.