JACKSON, Miss – With flu season upon us, now Mississippians can stay up-to-date on all public health alerts that can affect our families by downloading MS Ready, the Mississippi State Department of Health emergency preparedness smartphone app.
From breaking news and alerts on emerging diseases and illnesses such as Enterovirus D68 and seasonal flu to agency closures and severe weather warnings, MS Ready is a great way to stay fully prepared when it comes to health and safety. And, MS Ready is the recent winner of the Platinum Hermes Creative Award, an international honor bestowed by the Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals.
This app, which provides up-to-date public health and safety information in preparation for and during a disaster or emergency, is FREE and is available through the App Store for both Apple and Android mobile devices. Its features of MS Ready include:
• Push, text or email notification of essential health precautions in a disaster, disease outbreak, or emergency.
• Step-by-step preparations against chemical and biological threats; floods; nuclear incidents; severe weather and natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
• A list of important MSDH phone numbers and an emergency hotline.
• A checklist of items to have on hand should an emergency arise.
• A new informational section on disease outbreaks and what you should know.
To find the app, search the App Store for MS Ready or visit www.HealthyMS.com/apps.